Ladies and Gentlemen, step right up and witness the most astonishing side-show known to man!
Feast your eyes on the fantastical feats and captivating capabilities of the incredible Three-Headed Momster!
Watch as this amazing woman juggles three different lives simultaneously! Mother! Wife! Student!
Can she do it? Or will she buckle under the pressure of constant demands?
Or maybe she will spontaneously combust! Come one, come all! Please sit back and enjoy the show!

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Come on, Christmas Break

It is now November and this semester is close to being over. Where did it go? It seemed like it just started. At this point, I do not personally feel like I've accomplished much. I feel like this semester has been nothing but non-stop butt-kicking work. I cannot wait until the holiday break to spend time with family and get some rest.
The holidays will most likely be spent binge-eating seasonal dishes of sugary goodness with a side of fatty yet delicious heaven. Oh, and I plan on getting a lot of sleep. My goal is to do absolutely nothing during the break so that I can recharge for the spring semester.
Hopefully my family will be on board with this plan, because I'm going to need someone to watch Owen so that I can accomplish all of this fabulous sleep. I guess the better statement would be that I hope Owen is on board with this plan because this "lots of sleep" issue will ultimately be up to him.
My overall goal within the remaining weeks of 2011 is to get out of this semester alive and with good grades, watch my son have a ball at Christmas, visit with family and just be lazy. Even if Owen doesn't let me get much sleep, as long as he will eventually lie down beside me or bounce around on the bed while I'm resting and listening to his infectious laugh, everything will turn out okay. In the big scheme of things, that is all that I need.

1 comment:

  1. Jill,
    All of those things sound like tons of fun.
    I am not totally sure what I have accomplished this semester because it is a constant assembly line of work that I have gotten done last minute. But now I feel like the assembly line has sped up and I am freaking out like Lucy and Ethel in that factory episode. I’m ready for a pie in the face, a stop buzzer, and winter break to begin! Football is definitely in my holiday plan and just some serious time zoned-out in front of a TV. However I am excited to have a new job, a big girl job. I can’t say I am disappointed that I will be working over the break; I only hope that I can make it there alive!

    ReplyDelete