I have been so busy this semester that my couponing hobby has suffered. I have not been able to keep up with my filing, deal searching and clipping and it bothers the heck out of me. I hate knowing that I am missing awesome deals that I may never see again. I have a good stockpile of groceries and toiletries that I accumulated over the summer, so it's not like I really need anything, but it still bothers me that I am not able to keep up with this hobby that I really enjoy.
I'm sure this sounds pretty weird, but I am addicted to saving money. There is nothing better than scoring the latest deal, especially when I can get items for super cheap or free. And there is no better feeling than having a stocked pantry and knowing that my family's basic needs will be taking care of for the next few months without me having to make huge budget-breakage runs to the grocery store.
I can't wait until I graduate, because then I will be able to devote more time to couponing. The heavy homework load I have keeps me from spending much time on deal searching. Couponing may seem silly, but it is actually a rewarding yet time-consuming past time. To get the best savings, it requires hours of work each week searching for coupons, sales, the best deals and matching coupons to those sales. It's actually a lot of work and takes a lot of time that I don't have right now.
This semester I have only been able to coupon occasionally. I am still saving the weekly inserts from the paper, but I am unable to organize them. My inserts are piled all over the kitchen table, in baskets on the kitchen floor and in my car. This unorganization is driving me nuts and it's causing me to miss out on some great deals.
I guess all I can do is hope that I will be able to catch up on some coupon organizing and deal-scoring during the Christmas break. My stockpile will start dwindling soon so I will need to start stocking up again before our supply dwindles.
Oh well. I guess I will just add this to my ever-growing list of things I need to do and things I would like to do. My list doesn't seem to be getting shorter any time soon.
I definitely understand sacrificing your hobbies for the sake of school. I have given up a lot of things for lack of time and money this semester. But I think that Christmas break will rejuvinate us to get through our last semester and speed us to reliving our lives!
ReplyDelete