Well, classes have started for the Spring semester. In just a few shorts months I will finally be a college graduate. Although I am excited to graduate, I am a little sad and scared at the same time. I have been in college since August of 2007, and I'm beginning to feel a little nostalgic about each semester I have experienced. I can't believe all the time that's gone by and that I will soon be finished. This part of my life will soon be over. Will I miss it? I think I will. Or at least some parts of it.
My next role is to be a full-time mommy. I am already a full-time mom to Owen, but I feel like school has caused me to miss a lot during his two years of life. After I graduate, I look forward to spending time just being a mommy and a wife. I plan to eventually return to work, but not for a while. I do not want to miss any more time with my son, so I want to stay home for a while.
Adam and I feel that it is important to have one of us stay home with Owen (and any other children we might have) at least until he starts elementary school. I am toying with the idea of trying to find an online position so that I can stay current on my writing while staying home with Owen. I want to make sure that I stay marketable and up-to-date so that I am prepared when I do decide to return to work.
But first, I have to get through this last semester and walk across that stage. It's going to be a busy few months, but I am looking forward to it. Last semester was a beast, so hopefully this one will not be as stressful. Of course a lot of that also had to do with a family emergency I experienced toward the middle of the semester. My emotional and physical health have been through a roller coaster ride since this past summer, so I am hopeful things will be looking up in these upcoming months.
So far, I am trying to start this semester off optimistically. Now, I just need the rest of my life to get on board so I can keep up my positive attitude. Go me! You can do it!
No comments:
Post a Comment